Chair yoga is a fantastic way to get in a good stretch for those of us who are desk bound and can't always make it to the gym for a workout.
Our afternoon Technostress Workout will start to include the following chair yoga asanas:
- Deep breathing
- Arm stretch sequence/seated eagle pose
- Seated forward bends/shoulder rolls
- Twisting w/eye yoga
- Feet rotation
- Feet flexing
- Lion pose
- Seated cat/cow: clasp hands behind back, arch back (backbend), release hands to knees, seated forward bend
- Knees to chest
- Seated sun salutation: lean forward, elbows on thighs, roll to balls of feet, hold in the belly behind the belly, breathe while compressing stomach, five deep breaths
- Standing tree pose using one hand on chair
- Standing down dog: stand a few feet behind chair, bend at the waist, hands grab back of chair, stretch the back
Variations, new chair poses, hopefully this will keep the staff interested.